PENSOLE is searching for the next great designer! Test your skills against the best young minds in the country and train for a successful career in the Apparel and Accessories, Color and Materials, Footwear, and Graphic Design industries.
Submissions are now closed!
Scholarships and Cash Prizes
1 Winner in Each Category receives full tuition to attend the Pacific Northwest College of Art at Pensole (12 Week Program)
Top 3 Schools with the most Student Submissions receive $17,500 in cash prizes
Winning Schools with the 4 winning students will each receive $5,000
How it works
Our process gives students the chance to work on their ideas just like a professional designer. They have the choice to work on one category or tackle all 4 to create a whole collection. Powered by our incredible partners NAEA, PNCA, Vibram, New Era, MLab, FAAS, and StockX.com and with support from the William R. Kennan, Jr. Charitable Trust.
1. Download our free templates and use them to help you get started on your new collection!
- Apparel designers use our template to find the right shape.
- Color & Materials designers MUST use the existing shoe design for their colorway.
- Footwear Designers MUST use the existing Vibram outsole for their submission.
- Graphic designers must use a New Era baseball hat for their designs.
2. Once you're done, scan or take a high quality photo of your work.
3. Finally, submit your work here at S.O.S. when the submission window opens.
April 2, 2018: Registration is now open! Entry information available for download
April 23, 2018: Submission window open for all categories
June 2, 2018 11:59 pm PDT: Deadline for registration and entries to be submitted
June 2 – June 3, 2018: Global voting by Pensole Alumni
June 11, 2018: Announce twelve finalists (three in each category)
June 25, 2018: One week Pensole class begins in PDX
July 1, 2018: Live Final Presentation and Winners announced
Now that you have learned about Sneakerhead of State, it's time to register!